Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Three Days in New York, Part 3


Greetings once again faithful eaters and welcome to the third but not final installment of New York freshness, hot outta the oven.  It truly was an amazing NYC weekend, but awesomeness is nothing new for the city, obviously. Anytime I go to New York I feel rejuvenated, my soul recharged, energized, and ready for all things new. But all that positivity and exuberance can, on the flip, be quite exhausting. After three days of eating, drinking (read guzzling) and general walking about with a confused wonder on my face, a guy could and does get tired. Too full after my many bagels, gin and tonics, and more bagels, sometimes the soul (or gut) needs something else. Enter, Doughnut Plant. 

Doughnut Plant
220 West 23rd Street, Between 7th & 8th Avenues
New York, NY 10011
212-505-3700

Love the artwork! 

The Novice Fork gives this specialized 
doughnut purveyor 5 Forks 
for doing one thing amazingly well. 

Now it’s not surprising to many, through the roughly two decades of Doughnut Plant’s various incarnations and consistent success, that this place makes a potent doughnut. However, having never gone to a location before and finding discovery with one’s own taste buds the best cure of hype, I knew this was a must stop for any self-respecting “foodie” (I still don’t like that word). The idea that I was happy I went here is an understatement. These are the best doughnuts I have ever had. PeriodFin

I loved both the “yeast” style, chewy, light, and so sweet hand dipped in dark, rich chocolate, and I loved the chocolate “cake” doughnut, dense, moist and not too filling.  I could have easily eaten a dozen if my friend hadn’t pried my away from that beautiful case full of the most delicious doughnuts found anywhere. (Sorry Voodoo Doughnuts, NYC and Doughnut Plant have got you beat.) Go there, located in the Chelsea Hotel between 7th and 8th, or to their way downtown location, and you will not be disappointed. Seriously. My waist line may be pissed, Doughnut Plant, but my soul and general sugar induced giddiness thank you. Seconds, anyone?

-NF


No comments:

Post a Comment